For maintenance and prevention. Glucosamine & Chondroitin formula enriched with Perluxan™ 300 and Boswellia 30% AKBA
Artigen is an excellent global formula providing a wide range of nutrients that are very helpful for maintaining healthy joints.
Artigen contains very elaborated phramagrade elements, clinically-proven powerful extracts as well as traditional herbal ingredients. It provides building blocks for cartilage while staving off the degradation process. Artigen is perfectly suited for people with moderate joint problems.
Serving size: 3 capsules / Servings per container: 50
Caution: Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under 18 and those with a medical condition should consult a health care professional before using this product.
When it comes to joint pain and joint health MSM is very helpful, even for severe cases. MSM is a bioavailable natural form of organic sulfur found in all living organisms. It is exceptionally well tolerated, it is rated as one of the least toxic substances in biology, close to water. Sulfur is necessary for making collagen, the primary constituent of cartilage and connective tissue.
Sulfur is the third most abundant mineral in your body, after calcium and phosphorous, and yet it is often called the forgotten mineral. It has been neglected because of the widespread assumption that a person's sulfur requirement was met with adequate protein intake, providing the amino acids methionine and cysteine, but disfunctions in methionine metabolism could induce sulfur deficiencies. Nevertheless, scientists have observed that the sulfur content of cartilage decreases with age, and that this decrease parallels degeneration in the joints. A study has clearly shown that arthritic joints have sulfur levels three times lower than healthy ones.
MSM supplementation significantly improves chronic pain for most people and without any side effects. It is also useful for autoimmune disorders such as rhumatoid arthritis as it can improve the anti-body autoimmune activity. It shows that aside from its anti-inflammatory action MSM can also stimulate the the immune system.
Glucosammine and Chondroitin
Glucosamine and Chondroitin are the most popular substances and most widely used ingredients in joint health products. Clinical studies are numerous but results are unclear and differ widely. After years of research, it is still difficult to precisely assess their level of efficacy but they no longer appear to be silver bullets as once thought. Nonetheless they can be useful in assisting other active ingredients and help to restore functionality faster. There is also data showing that these mucopolysaccharides support the healing process of injured tendons
However Chondroitin in its basic form it is mostly useless since it is simply not absorbed. The benefits of Chondroitin Sulfate only concerns the pharmagrade CS, a highly purified and depolymerized substance. Conventional food grade chondroitin is a very large molecule that is not assimilated through the intestinal mucosa. The molecular weight of the Chondroitin used has a direct influence upon its level of efficacy. The properties of the low molecular weight Chondroitin do not apply to conventional Chondroitin because of its largely insufficient absorption rate (Biol. Pharm. bull. 27(1)47-51 - 2004)
Specific Inflammation Inhibitors
- IsoOxygene™ is a proprietary, standardized supercritical extract of hops cones, potent enough to compete with the most famous pharmaceutical NSAIDs, without any of the side effects.
- 5-Loxin™ is a clinically-proven standardized extract derived from Boswellia resin. As the most potent boswellic acid extract available it possesses a very powerful anti-inflammatory action that shows improvement in joint comfort and flexibility within 7 days.
These two components target two distinct inflammatory pathways and are fully synergistic and complementary. To better understand, go to the Oxiflam product page.
Traditional Herbal Ingredients
Black Current leaves
The leaves contain large amounts of flavonoids and proanthocyanidines. The ESCOP (European scientific Cooperative on Phytotherapy) officially acknowledges Black Current leaves benefits in rheumatology for alleviating medical problems affecting the joints, hence confirming its traditional use.
Horsetail possesses the highest concentration of silica of any plant on Earth. It is an organic form of silica that is easily utilized by the body. Silica is essential to collagen production and therefore helps in maintaining a healthy cartilage. In favoring mineral absorption, Silica is also helpful for bone health.
Originating from Africa, this plant is traditionnally used for its benefits on the joints and rheumatic ailments. Several clinical trials have confirmed its effectiveness in improving mobility and in the treatment of low back pain as well as arthritis caused hip and knee pain. Its potency seems to be derived from a complex interraction of several substances contained in its root rather than solely within the harpagosides.
Bromelain is a group of digestive enzymes that is found mostly in the stems of pineapples. It is very beneficial for people with arthritis and it works in inhibiting the Cox-2 pro-inflammatory pathway as well as the fibrin synthesis.
- Baeurle SA, Kiselev MG, Makarova ES, Nogovitsin EA (2009). "Effect of the counterion behavior on the frictional–compressive properties of chondroitin sulfate solutions". Polymer 50 (7): 1805–1813. doi:10.1016/j.polymer.2009.01.066
- Chou MM; Vergnolle N; McDougall JJ; Wallace JL; Marty S; Teskey V; Buret AG Effects of chondroitin and glucosamine sulfate in a dietary bar formulation on inflammation, interleukin-1beta, matrix metalloprotease-9, and cartilage damage in arthritis. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 2005 Apr;230(4):255-62 ISSN: 1535-3702
- Lippiello L; Woodward J; Karpman R; Hammad TA In vivo chondroprotection and metabolic synergy of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2000 Dec;(381):229-40 ISSN: 0009-921X
- Baici A; Bradamante P. Interaction between human leukocyte elastase and chondroitin sulfate Chem Biol Interact 1984 Sep 1;51(1):1-11.
- Bartolucci C, Cellai L, Corradini C, Corradini D, Lamba D, Velona I. Chondroprotective action of chondroitin sulfate on the digestion of hyaluronan by bovine testicular hyaluronidase Int J Tissue React 1991;13(6):311-317.
- Jordan KM, Recommendations Arden NK. EULAR (2003). "an evidence based approach to the management of knee osteoarthritis: Report of a Task Force of the Standing Committee for International Clinical Studies Including Therapeutic Trials (ESCISIT)". Ann Rheum Dis 62 (12): 1145–1155. doi:10.1136/ard.2003.011742. PMC 1754382. PMID 14644851.
- Uebelhart D, Thonar EJ, Delmas PD, et al. Effects of oral chondroitin sulfate on the progression of knee osteoarthritis: a pilot study. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 1998;6(Suppl A):39–46.
- Verbruggen G, Goemaere S, Veys EM. Chondroitin sulfate: S/DMOAD (structure/disease modifying anti-osteoarthritis drug) in the treatment of finger joint OA. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 1998;6(Suppl A):37–8.
- Bucsi L, Poór G. Efficacy and tolerability of oral chondroitin sulfate as a symptomatic slow-acting drug for osteoarthritis (SYSADOA) in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 1998;6(Suppl A):31–6.
- Bourgeois P, Chales G, Dehais J, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of chondroitin sulfate 1200 mg/day vs chondroitin sulfate 3X400 mg/day vs placebo. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 1998;6(Suppl A):25–30.
- Pipitone V, Ambanelli U, Cervini C, et al. A multicenter, triple-blind study to evaluate galactosaminoglucuronoglycan sulfate versus placebo in patients with femorotibial gonarthritis. Curr Ther Res 1992;52:608–38.
- Bazières B, Loyau G, Menkès CJ, et al. Le chondroïtine sulfate dans le traitement de la gonarthrose et de la coxarthrose. Rev Rhum Mal Ostéoartic 1992;59:466–72 [in French].
- Conrozier T, Vignon E. Die Wirkung von Chondroitinsulfat bei der Behandlung der Hüft Gelenksarthrose. Eine Doppelblindstudie gegen Placebo. Litera Rheumatologica 1992;14:69–75 [in German].
- L’Hirondel JL. Klinische Doppelblind-Studie mit oral verabreichtem Chondroitinsulfat gegen Placebo bei der tibiofermoralen Gonarthrose (125 Patienten). Litera Rheumatologica 1992;14:77–82 [in German].
- Morreale P, Manopulo R, Galati M, et al. Comparison of the antiinflammatory efficacy of chondroitin sulfate and diclofenac sodium in patients with knee osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol 1996;23:1385–91.
- Leeb BF, Petera P, Neumann K. Results of a multicenter study of chondroitin sulfate (Condrosulf) use in arthroses of the finger, knee and hip joints. Wien Med Wochenschr 1996;146:609–14.
- Analysis of glycosaminoglycans in human serum after oral administration of chondroitin sulfate.Rheumatol Int. 1992;12(3):81-8. Baici A, Hörler D, Moser B, Hofer HO, Fehr K, Wagenhäuser FJ. Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland.
- The bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of glucosamine hydrochloride and low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate after single and multiple doses to beagle dogs. Adebowale A, Du J, Liang Z, Leslie JL, Eddington ND. Biopharm Drug Dispos. 2002 Sep;23(6):217-25.
- Effects of low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate on type II collagen-induced arthritis in DBA/1J mice. Cho SY, Sim JS, Jeong CS, Chang SY, Choi DW, Toida T, Kim YS. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004 Jan;27(1):47-51.
- Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in osteoarthritis pain of the knee: a pilot clinical trial. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006 Mar;14(3):286-94. Epub 2005 Nov 23. Southwest College Research Institute, Tempe, AZ 85282, USA
- Methylsulfonyl-methane (M.S.M.) A double blind study of its use in degenerative arthritis. Ronald M. Lawrence, M.D., Ph.D. U.C.L.A. School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California
- Usha PR, Naidu MU. Randomised, double-blind, parallel, placebo-controlled study of oral glucosamine, methylsulfonylmethane and their combination in osteoarthritis. Clinical Drug Investigation 2004; 24(6):353–63.
- Debi R, Fichman G, Bar Ziv Y, Kardosh R, Debbi E, Halperin N et al. The role of MSM in knee osteoarthritis: a double-blind, randomised, prospective study. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2007; 15(Suppl 3):C231
|Subtitle||For maintenance and prevention. Glucosamine & Chondroitin formula enriched with Perluxan™ 300 and Boswellia 30% AKBA|
|In Stock Date||N/A|